Friday 5 October 2012

Gangnam Style Hipsters




If it's not the dance moves or the video people are talking about, it's about when they saw it first.

That's right.  Hipsters everywhere are arguing who was first to be exposed to the awesome rays of Gangnam Style first, but what will that prove?

"Oh, I used to listen to Gangnam Style, but now it's so mainstream."

Please.  Really?

Then there are the tales of those that go out of their way to show their friends, co-workers or schoolmates Gangnam Style only to be made fun of.  "No, we listen to real music, nerd."  Only for a week later for them to post on some social media nonsense. "OMG!  This is muh favoritest songs evah!  I knew about it weeks ago!"

It fills me with a mixture of annoyance and mirth.  Mirth that people never change and annoyance as I'm faced with the thought, "Maybe I'm just as sheepish as they are?"  

Naaaah.  I was listening to K-Pop already.  This wasn't new to me.  I'll admit though, I'm a sheep in my own way.  I already have my PSY costume and so do a lot of other people!



No comments:

Post a Comment